At CREEK BROTHERS, there's a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, every time you shop with us, whether in-store or online.
So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, delivery address or contact details. It could also include any information we collect when you visit our stores, website. These details help us complete a transaction with you, make our advertising more relevant and tailor your shopping experience.
What we won't do with your data is use it to fill your inbox with irrelevant or unwanted spam or sell your data to anyone else. That's a promise.
Now here's the official bit.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority.
You also have rights. So if you want to access your data or provide feedback on how we're using your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
CREEK BROTHERS Pty Ltd (CREEK BROTHERS) are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
This policy is available on our websites at rackings.com.au.
Collection of information
1. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that CREEK BROTHERS may collect about you includes:
• name, gender, date of birth and age;
• identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
• contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
• details of a family member you register for an in-store event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
• details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
• vehicle number plate details;
• employer or business details;
• digital information, such as cookies, pixels, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations, app launches, adding items to a basket, adding items to a wish list and making purchases;
• financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
• images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances); and
• if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
2. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
• if you purchase or order any product from us;
• if you visit a CREEK BROTHERS store or if you contact CREEK BROTHERS, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
• if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to CREEK BROTHERS;
• if you interact with CREEK BROTHERS via social networking services;
• if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
• if you apply for a account with CREEK BROTHERS;
• via our security cameras or other cameras installed in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
• if you undertake any of CREEK BROTHERS’ induction, safety or compliance processes;
• if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
• if you submit an employment application to us.
3. We may also collect personal information about you from:
• publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
• any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to CREEK BROTHERS;
• credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a account with CREEK BROTHERS;
• anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
• any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
• our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
4. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
5. CREEK BROTHERS may use your personal information:
• to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
• to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
• to deliver our products and services to you;
• to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
• to provide refunds and exchanges;
• to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
• to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including advertisements served to you on or via third party websites or platforms such as Facebook);
• to undertake product recalls;
• to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
• to determine your product or service preferences and preferred store locations
• to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
• in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
• to monitor customer traffic in our stores and identify high traffic areas or frequently visited locations in our stores;
• to monitor and measure the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
• to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
• to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection in our stores (including car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
• to assist us, our service providers and related companies, and other third parties who we share information with for loss prevention or law enforcement purposes in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
• for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
• for purposes directly related to any of the above.
6. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
• third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
• marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with CREEK BROTHERS’ marketing, advertising and events;
• third parties who provide services to CREEK BROTHERS in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
• third party platforms who serve advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook);
• third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to CREEK BROTHERS in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
• CREEK BROTHERS’ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to CREEK BROTHERS;
• third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
• other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
• related companies of CREEK BROTHERS
Transfer of information overseas
7. Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of CREEK BROTHERS that are located overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas.
8. Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
9. You have the option of dealing with CREEK BROTHERS anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
10. As part of CREEK BROTHERS’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, CREEK BROTHERS may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes CREEK BROTHERS or third parties:
•sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about CREEK BROTHERS’ products and services; and
•providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from CREEK BROTHERS by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
12. We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
Security and storage
13. CREEK BROTHERS will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, CREEK BROTHERS seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for CREEK BROTHERS is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
14. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, CREEK BROTHERS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to CREEK BROTHERS over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
15. You have the right under applicable Australian privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by CREEK BROTHERS, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact CREEK BROTHERS” below.
16. CREEK BROTHERS may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
17. CREEK BROTHERS will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
18. If CREEK BROTHERS refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if CREEK BROTHERS refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal .If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
19. If you have a question or complaint about this policy, CREEK BROTHERS’ collection of your personal information or the way in which CREEK BROTHERS deals with your personal information, this should be directed to CREEK BROTHERS using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact CREEK BROTHERS” below.
20. We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with CREEK BROTHERS’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
21. CREEK BROTHERS’ website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from CREEK BROTHERS’ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. CREEK BROTHERS is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. CREEK BROTHERS encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
How to contact CREEK BROTHERS
22. You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
CREEK BROTHERS PTY LTD
149 Indian Dr,
Keysborough, VIC 3173
Changes to this policy
23. CREEK BROTHERS may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.